Publishing Support Programme 2014
Camões, I.P. supports the publication of works written by Portuguese language authors that are translated into other languages and which focus on themes related to Portuguese language and culture. Order no. 1989/2011 enshrines the standards applicable to the 2014 publishing support programme, and as such, is an integral part of this announcement.
In 2014, the following languages will be given priority:
- German language
- Italian language
- Turkish language
Applications are open to foreign publishers who wish to publish works by Portuguese language authors that are translated into other languages and which possess international distribution capacity.
Each publisher can only submit one application per year.
- Dra. Ana Castro (Direção Geral do Livro, dos Arquivos e das Bibliotecas)
- Dra. Cristina Caetano (Camões – Instituto da Cooperação e da Língua, I.P.)
- Prof.ª Teresa Martins Marques (Associação Portuguesa de Escritores)
- Form (register here) if you are already registered (enter here)
- Document referred to in art. 11 of Order no. 1989/2011
- Publisher’s CV or catalogue
- Translator’s CV
- Copywright contract
- Translation contract
- The objectives of Camões – Instituto da Cooperação e da Língua I.P.
- Priority language translation
- Language reach
- Publisher’s CV
- Editor’s CV
- Distribution and dissemination capacity
- Applications will be validated via the completion of the online form, after registration and applicants will receive a confirmation e-mail.
- Applications should be submited throught the online services.
- The deadline for applications is 30.th April, 2014.
- All applications received after this deadline will be excluded.
- All of the fields of the form should be completed in block capitals, signed by the person liable for the publisher and be duly dated and stamped.
- The documentation required for applications should be sent along with the online form.
- In the case of any doubt, Camões, I.P. may request that the originals of any documentation be sent;
- Any change in the information presented in the application should be communicated to Camões, I.P. immediately.
Publisher’s obligations and quid pro quo
- The publisher should print the Camões, I.P. logo on the back cover, accompanied by the following words: “Obra publicada com o apoio do Camões – Instituto da Cooperação e da Língua, I.P.” (Published with the support of Camões – Instituto da Cooperação e da Língua I.P).
- The publisher should clearly mention the name of the author and the title of the work, as well as the respective credits in Portuguese and the language of the translation.
- The publisher should make a particular number of copies of the published work available to Camões, I.P. This number will be established according to the sale price to the public and the level of financial support granted.
- At their own expense, the publisher should send the abovementioned copies, which constitute the return for the supported work, to the nearest embassy, consulate or institution that is part of the Camões, I.P. network.
- The granting of support implies the signing of a contract between Camões, I.P. and the Publisher.
- The financial support granted by Camões, I.P. is designed to share the costs of publishing the written works.
- Financial support is paid to the publisher in one lump sum by bank transfer to the account specified in the application by the end of the year in which the results of the programme are published.
- Non-fulfilment of obligations on the part of the publisher resulting from these regulations and the contract signed implies the automatic withdrawal of the support granted and a three-year period in which the publisher can make no applications to Camões, I.P.
- The final results will be announced on the Camões, I.P. website within 60 working days of the application deadline.
- The supported works should be published by 31st December, 2014.